• Indian Health Service: Congress secured over $1 billion in critically needed resources to the Indian Health Service (IHS). Information on the federal response in Indian Country can be found on the IHS website.
• Coronavirus Relief Fund: Democrats secured an $8 billion relief fund at the Department of Treasury to assist tribes with costs incurred in the response to the coronavirus pandemic. For additional guidance on how to apply and learn about next steps as this critical relief becomes available, please refer to the U.S. Department of Treasury website.
• Tribal Governance: The legislative package provides $453 million to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) for essential tribal governmental and to aid individual Native Americans. For resources and information on school closures, please visit the BIA website here.
• Housing: This legislative package provided $300 million for programs within the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Office of Native American Programs. Resources can be found here.
• Small Business: The legislative package makes tribal business concerns eligible for SBA loans of up to $10 million and SBA grants of up to $10,000 for payroll costs to retain workers (including paid leave, health care, and other costs), and other expenses such as rent, mortgage interest, and utilities.
• Unemployment Benefit Costs: Congress is also allowing for tribes to be reimbursed for one-half of incurred unemployment benefit costs through December 31, 2020.