Congressional App Challenge
2023 Congressional App Challenge
I am pleased to announce that my office is participating in the 2023 Congressional App Challenge.
The Congressional App Challenge is a competition aimed at encouraging middle and high school students to learn how to code by creating their own applications. The Challenge is intended to highlight the value of computer science and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education.
The winner from California’s 2nd Congressional District, chosen by a panel of expert judges, will be featured on CongressionalAppChallenge.us. The winning app will also be eligible to be on display in the U.S. Capitol, honoring the winners from across the country.
This competition is open to all students who meet the eligibility requirements, regardless of coding experience. We strongly encourage students of all skill levels to participate, enabling them to learn how to create their own apps. Students are encouraged to register online starting on June 15th and submit their apps by November 1st.
- To be eligible to participate in the Congressional App Challenge, you must be a middle or high school student at the time of app submission.
- Students may register as individuals or as teams of up to four. No more than four students are allowed to form a team.
- Students may compete in the district they reside in or the district they attend school in.
- If competing as a team, at least half of the teammates must be eligible to compete in the district in which they are participating in.
- June 15 – Challenge officially launched
- November 1 – Deadline for students to register and submit their app online
- November – Judging period
- December – Winners announced!
Students can register HERE: https://www.congressionalappchallenge.us/students/student-registration/
Read more about the House Student App Challenge here.