Huffman Announces Winners of Landscape Photography Competition
WASHINGTON—Congressman Jared Huffman (D-San Rafael) today announced the winners of his district-wide landscape photography competition. Sandy Evans of Ukiah took first place with 324 “likes,” and Anise Gemmell of San Rafael took second place with 290 “likes.” Their winning photographs may be found here. The winning photographs were determined by receiving the most votes in the form of Facebook “likes” from constituents.
“This photography competition showcased exactly why I believe we have the most beautiful Congressional District in the nation,” Congressman Huffman said. “I am happy to have received so many incredible photos of our district, and I congratulate Sandy Evans and Anise Gemmell for their winning photographs.
Huffman also announced winners for photographs taken in each of the district’s counties, which may be found here:
· Marin County: Sandy Evans, Golden Gate Bridge
· Sonoma County: Jim Nevill; Milky Way Over Bodega
· Mendocino County: Gabe Johnston; Ukiah Storm
· Humboldt County: Nathan Young, Eel River
· Del Norte County: Alan Justice; Klamath River mouth
· Trinity County: Christine Seronello; Hayfork Sunset
Huffman received more than 207 entries from across California’s Second Congressional District. All entries may be found here.