Military Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 2nd District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
For an applicant file to be considered complete, the following documentation must be on file:
- Application Packet (View Form)
- Signed and dated Application Agreement
- Student Information Form
- Counselor's Appraisal Form
- Certified copy of academic transcript
- Report of SAT or ACT
- Verified class rank and cumulative GPA
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- Personal essay explaining why the candidate wants to attend the Academy and why they feel they should be nominated
- Recent photograph
All qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview with Congressman Huffman's Service Academies Advisory Board in December. The Board will interview candidates with a minimum SAT score of 550 verbal and 550 math or ACT score of 23 for English and 27 for math. The College Board reporting numbers are: SAT-#0255 and ACT-#7241. Candidates must also maintain a 3.0 GPA or better. All candidates will be notified in advance of the time and place of their interview.
Upon completion of the interviews, the Service Academies Advisory Board will notify Jared of their recommendations for nomination, and notification will be sent to each applicant.