Request For Comments
To inform Rep. Huffman’s development of a Magnuson Stevens reauthorization bill, please submit comments on the draft and/or the topics below. You need only reply to the topics that are relevant to your organization or expertise.
- Climate change impacts on fisheries and whether managers have the tools and resources they need to ensure resilient fish populations and stability to fishing communities
- Challenges of modernizing and improving our data collection systems
- Supporting working waterfronts, coastal communities, and subsistence fishing
- Examining how current fisheries management practices are maintaining ecosystem roles and functions, protecting important habitats, and minimizing bycatch
- Ensuring equitable access to resources and a sustainable future for seafood
- Council transparency
- Other MSA issues
NOTE: Rep. Huffman may choose to publish your responses in whole or in part.