2015 Congressional App Challenge
2015 Congressional App Challenge – November 9, 2015 through January 21, 2016
This second annual competition highlights the importance of computer science and STEM education by encouraging students to learn how to code through the creation of their own applications (apps). Students from across the country are invited to compete, either as individuals or in teams, by creating and exhibiting their software app for mobile, tablet, or computer devices computer on a platform of their choice. Students will compete against other students within the 2nd Congressional District. The winning student’s app in each Congressional district will be featured on the U.S. House of Representatives’ website and on display in a U.S. Capitol exhibit.
- Students must be eligible to attend the high school within the District they are competing in.
- Students may complete as individuals, or as in teams of up to four, provided that at least two of the students reside within the District in which they are competing.
- The app the students create can cover any topic that they like, but must:
- Be original
- Be appropriate
- Have been created within the calendar year before the Challenge closing date (Jan. 15, 2016)
- Students must submit a video of themselves explaining their app and how it works.
Students can register HERE: https://www.challenge.gov/challenge/congressional-app-challenge-ca-02-rep-huffman/
For more information, please contact Michelle.Garcilazo@mail.house.gov.